If you are building a business and you discovered that your business is not growing or customers are not patronizing you, you need to re-evaluate to see, if there are certain things you are not doing right. I will let you 9 steps of certain things, which I discovered that a lot of entrepreneur are not doing right.
- You are self- centered :- A lot of business focus so much of themselves, just like Dale Caregnia says when dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. Customers are people with feelings, they are not wood, we need to focus more on what to give to customers rather what we want to collect from them, some companies focus on what they want to collect from customers, leaving the customers feeling used and neglected, if you are doing such you need to stop it.
- Don’t be scared of change :- I went to an office recently only to discovered, they were using typewriter and no computers, using cabinet to keep lot of flies, no e-mail settings doing things the old ways, slow to deliver things to the customers, when the world has moved beyond that level, that is why we need to embrace change in a strategic way, not all changes need to be jumped into but one step after the other in case of mistake, the only thing that is constant in life is change, that is why we need to learn how to flow with change when it comes.
- Don’t procrastinate in business :- procrastinate means when you delay or postpone action, every business need to know how to work with time, like the old saying procrastination is the thief of time, when you procrastinate it affect your business both in money and productivity.
- Your business is boring and lacks creativity :- There is a difference between being diligence and creativity, that is why creative people make more money than people that are diligent, for example a bricklayer are very diligent worker but they earn less, imagine a bricklayer that is creative can actually earn more because of creative ideas which he put into his work and his work will be different from the rest of other bricklayers.
- You don’t have a target and clear market :- As important as identifying the business or individual who will buy your product, it is easier to capture their attention, also identifying a target and clear market, it provides a clear picture of whom your business will serve and where your customers location will be, Be clear on who you are, what you offer and your market audience.
- Taking a stand for integrity :- Integrity is the foundation for courage, without integrity courage is possible, I assert that you have integrity as some form of being honest, telling the truth not doing the bad and doing the good, knowing what you should do and should not do when no one is watching.
- You don’t engage your customers :- Don’t just assume you know who your customers are, know their interest, what their personal priorities are, be consistent and relevant, let your brand speak for you, when they look at your product.
- You have not built the right team :- If you want to build a right team, the first thing to do is get the right person for the job, because the right person will put in creativity and commitment to the job, after getting the right person to lead each team,
These are five things you need to build in your team
(a) encourage ideas,
(b) be clear with communication,
(c) encourage trust and co-operation among employees on your team, (d)encourage team members to share information,
(e) beware of unspoken feelings.
- You are impatience for result :-Finally to be successful we need patience when it comes to employee relations, business negotiation and communication as well as achieving our goal, we have to remain calm when the big and small twist of life comes knocking, it is only through patient that we can truly learn from the curve balls which get thrown in our path.
Written by: Eyomen
Copyright MOONFACE magazine.
All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Moonface Magazine.